Sunday 9 February 2014

How to feel good naked

Hello everyone,
I wanted to share this video I found with you today as it was something that really made me smile. I don’t know how many of my readers are interested in keeping fit and eating the correct foods, but it is something that has become a really big part of my life. Back in 2011 I was classed as obese on the BMI scale, and since then have spent the most of three years making a permanent life style change. I can now say that I am no longer classed as obese, I eat a nutritional diet and I work out six times a week (with the occasional chocolate binge…). This change from my old ways of continuously ordering take-out and never exercising is a great achievement for me.

However one thing that I have particularly struggled with through this lifestyle change, is the scales not moving. After an initial drop of 38lbs, I am still 14lbs away from what I initially set as my healthy goal weight when I started my journey in May 2011. Yet the scale has not dropped since September 2012. Working out every day and eating right I became more and more disheartened. It doesn’t matter how many times someone says to you “but you look fine now” or “maybe that is the weight your body is supposed to be”. It can still become very upsetting to not reach your final goal when you have come so far.
Until this Summer when I suddenly received many comments along the lines of “wow you’ve lost more weight!?”. When in fact the scale still hadn’t dropped by even one pound. The more and more comments like this I began to receive the more I also noticed my clothes were becoming much looser. Whilst I was not loosing weight on the scale, I was evidently loosing inches. I have recently started a new workout plan and I am refusing to let myself get on the scale and am simply focusing on inches. During the Alpha phase of the Shaun T25 workout I have lost a total of 7 inches….with no idea how much I weigh.

But this video simply summarised everything that I had felt over the last year and a half of working out but feeling like a failure. It really put a smile on my face and I wanted to share it. Even if it only helps one girl who stumbles across this blog post one random day in ten years time it will be worth it if it helps them accept the scale earlier than I did.


How to feel good naked.


I hope you have all had a good weekend.
Lots of Love
Miss B  xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Well done on your weight loss! I love your blog header and inspirational story.
    Laura. xx

    www.stylishvue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think that the jeans tip is a great one :D

    http://mykindofjoy.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!


    http://nuncaesdemasiadorosa-mariaexojo.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi darling!
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award.
    The link is here: http://sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the way u post ur articles... :)
    kriti
    www.kritiranjit.com.np

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© English Rose, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena